Sunday 7 May 2017

Cooking with me-Chilli, tomato prawns


So I'm sure you may have gathered I love to cook and I have some favourite dishes I like to cook. One of my favourite dishes to cook is from my Easy Pasta cookbook, chilli and tomato prawn spaghetti. We always cook a massive portion so we can have it over two days because we love it so much. I would recommend it to everyone but the recipe does call for 5/6 cloves of garlic so if you're not a fan of garlic you can definitely reduce or leave out the garlic. We love it though so we put it all in (so don't stand downwind of me because all you will smell is garlic-eeeek!).

In the pic above I have used our new pepper mill which is in the shape of a baseball bat (which is actually quite cool - I think!). Hence the pose of me holding it like a baseball bat.....just in case you thought all that garlic had sent me loopy!! I also used my lovely wooden cookbook stand which is just perfect because we do use a lot of cookbooks, not just recipes on the iPad (I seem to collect cookbooks - slightly obsessed!).

I also love chopping my herbs with my double handled knife/blade - it just seems to cut fine with an easier rocking chopping motion. I also like to serve it in my blue, square dish which I got one Christmas and I love it!! It would feel weird now to serve the dish in anything else - lol!!

Right so the recipe is pretty simple.

You need:

  1. Prawns (a lot of them for a family of four or if you have a 6ft 2in husband!!)
  2. Can of chopped tomatoes (don't use passata - you need the texture of the tomatoes at the end)
  3. Garlic cloves, up to 6 (depending on if you like garlic and you don't work in close proximity to people - I put in 5/6)
  4. Chilli (red - deseeded if you still want to feel your tongue after but it's up to you! You may need a pint of milk with it though!) 
  5. Oil - to fry the garlic and release all of its flavours.
  6. Pasta - spaghetti/tagliatelle (anything, but long pasta works well I think personally) 
  7. Oooh and fresh parsley (nearly forgot that - sometimes I have - ooops!!)

  1. Put the oil in the pan and add the garlic - fry for 2-3 minutes to release its flavour 
  2. Then add the tomatoes and simmer to reduce the sauce.
  3. Add the chilli to the sauce and let it simmer, stirring regularly
  4. Once the sauce has reduced add the prawns right at the last minute (put the pasta on while sauce is simmering!!)
  5. Sprinkle fresh chopped parsley into the prawns (remember to save some to sprinkle on top to serve to look pretty)
  6. Serve and then sprinkle parsley on top to make it look pretty, then just grab a plate, fill plate and then stuff face accordingly (haha - it's hard not to with this dish!!)
  7. Enjoy!!
That's a bit of a rough guide but as I say I feel it's pretty simple!!

I am going to start this as a regular thing - cooking with me! I really enjoy cooking and I love sharing my ideas and recipes I enjoy!!

Right Toodles XX

No comments:

Post a Comment