Sunday 19 February 2017

Valentines Day in the Isle of Wight

  


Valentine's Day was my 5 months post transplant anniversary, so we were celebrating both. We went out for a Valentine's Day lunch at Prezzo. I had a lovely dish, it was lobster and crab ravioli and hubby had a pappardelle gorgonzola which he enjoyed immensely. It was a rare treat as we hadn't really been out for Valentine's Day for years because we do prefer to have more of a private dinner at home, where we can choose the menu and decor. But I have to say I really enjoyed having a meal out like that.  
As part of our tradition of having a meal at home though, I decided to get some heart balloons to decorate our holiday home. I also got some tiny heart confetti and heart bunting to set the mood but I ended up decorating my in-laws' sun room as we were eating together that night. It looked so cute and it created a nice atmosphere for the rest of the evening. I got all my decorations from Poundland and Tiger, which may sound a bit stingy but as my budget was small this year having only just gone back to work and a list as long as my arm of things to buy and pay for in the next few months, I was trying to be sensible and save the pennies. I was pleasantly surprised by the balloons from Poundland, which were £1 and then another £1 for the helium. These would have been twice as much if I had bought them from anywhere else, I know in Asda the balloons would have cost £5 each, so instead of £8 I would have spent £20+helium. I can save the bits I bought this year and add to them next year. I will definitely do more Pinterest ideas next year. I just ran out of budget and time. I am excited about having more surprises next year but I might do some bits for our 6th wedding anniversary.

Happy Valentine's Day everyone, thanks for the love and support over the last few years. 

ToodlesXX

No comments:

Post a Comment