Sunday 19 February 2017

Becoming an Advocate for Organ Donation

 






I am so excited and proud  to tell everyone that I have become Advocate for Live Life Give Life Charity which is an amazing charity that raises awareness and encouraging Organ Donation by getting people signing the Donor Register. For me it is an honor to be part of this amazing charity which literally saves lives by raising the importance of Organ Donation and with out it I wouldn't be here or be able to lead a normal life. I took a few pictures in my Orgamites t-shirt, with some of Snapchat filters- which I think makes my pics look cute.

I can't wait to start organizing some events to fund-raise for Live Life Give Life. I have so many ideas for fundraising events which will be fun and unique. This summer would be great to hold an event in my local area. So I need to start planning and see what I can physically do in the time.

















I'm 5 months post kidney transplant now, on Valentines Day as a bit of a stroke of luck. So a double celebration which is lovely. I can't believe it's been that long already, it's flown by and soon it will be half a year. I'm so grateful for my Donor and I want to spread awareness for the selfless act he did so others like me could live. He has made it possible for my husband and I to have children which was a dream of mine to be a mum.

By raising awareness for organ donors, those waiting might not wait have to wait as long or unfortunately they never get their call because theirs not enough donors. So now all the hard work start of raising more awareness and fundraising.

So here goes, keep a weather eye out on the horizon, the next few months will hopefully have some exciting news and events!!

ToodlesXX

No comments:

Post a Comment