Monday 30 May 2011

Mini New Yorker and her own mocktail: The Mini New Yorker

So obviously being the next Carrie Bradshaw you need to have a few basics under your hat, the ability to write witty and funny stuff, have a a huge wardrobe full of designer clothes and enjoy a few cocktails....now for me this was an issue because I don't have a lot of designer clothes (I am working on that to) and I am certainly working on the witty writing-well I think my mishaps are quite amusing so that's a start. I don't drink, I haven't had any since I turned 18. It was a very wise decision as I was either bouncing off the walls or in a heap on the floor....yes I was a light weight. After being in the police and seeing ladies sitting in their own sick with the skirt hoisted round their waists just confirmed my decision-I have to say it wasn't very classy. A lot of my friends don't drink a huge amount because we all drive and live out in the sticks. So I need to find some mocktails instead. An way I had never had a mocktail until I went to a rather funky bar in Reading....it had Buddha and Geisha cocktail pitchers....!!! If owned a bar I would have decorated very similar I think as I have a strong influences from Cambodia (after doing my trek.) It was actually my fiances brothers birthday celebrations as it was his 30th.....I ended up talking to my fiance brother about his fish....as the bar actually had fish behind all the drinks bottles..... I don't think he had any of the feet nibbling fish though....that would be pretty cool!!
It felt like it could of been in Chelsea or somewhere just as glamorousit had a great feeling about it- exotic but very cosmopolitan too although I did feel about over dressed.....in my full length black sequined dress ooooh and my mouse ring which I have to say has been a very popular purchase of mine- people always comment on it.

They did do great mocktails they made some special mocktails for me....I picked to have strawberry and coconut.....I think I am going to call it mini new yorker, because its striking, vibrant and sexy chic which sums up New York and me??? ha ha!! Well I am trying to be chic and sexy!!Oh.....and then I had a mocktail Cosmo ...which was cherry flavoured....... Yummy!! Which is why I have added cocktail glasses to our wedding lists for our mocktail/cocktail nights.....!!! This will be fun to do when we have guest too....after our honeymoon as I think we have to may have a few things to do before the wedding.....!!! lol!! Although it seems to be getting there.....

So with a few busy weeks ahead I am going to dash so toodles xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment