Tuesday 30 April 2013

Mini New yorker....and delicious sticky roast duck....

So cooking kidney friendly recipes can be tricky but I am trying to cook everything from scratch. So the plan is to check the recipes out for the following week so we can get what we need and then I can cook it for hubby when he gets in. Today's Sunday roast is going to be roast duck breast with a red wine sticky sauce. I have never cooked duck before and I think its one of my favourite meats now. It was just so juicy and with the sticky sauce was just mouth wateringly delicious and it was very kidney friendly. The Recipe was from my new cook book 'Mary Berry' and it was definitely a hit. You don't have to follow it 100% if there's thing you think that aren't good for us.
Roast duck Breast



Any way Sunday lunch was done from scratch and no added salt was used and it means I can still enjoy some of my favourite foods. I am trying to loose weight too so trying to be ultra healthy now.

To be honest since being diagnosed and having to check what I am eating...it's amazing what you discover. A few weeks ago I did a little experiment with my mum's cereal and my brother's cereal and actually my brothers less healthy cereal was actually better for kidney patients. I was shocked. Especially as my mum's one are the one's being advertised as really healthy.....not so much!!

I have been feeling very inspired to cook and make some recipes I have never tried before. I might even give making pasta and pastries ago. With my new book it has step by step on making and baking all the things that look difficult but actually could be really simple.

Right off to have some time on my wii.......xxx






No comments:

Post a Comment