Tuesday 3 January 2017

Beating the January Blues and 50 things that make me happy


 : So January is probably the worse month for most people, with big credit card debt and that hangover from New Year's Eve not making it any easier to stomach the start of the New Year. Some may be regretting having that extra helping of Christmas dinner or slightly embarrassed by all the pictures on New Year's Eve, which don't really show your more glamorous/sophisticated side unfortunately.

Oh well let's put all of that behind us and start anew! I found making a list of all my goals that I would like to achieve in 2017 quite helpful. I find if I have goals to work to, it is easier to feel better about January. I think this month is the perfect time to get all those things you've been putting off or decisions you have been putting off making- just go and make them-time to change, no time like the present!! I would also suggest making a happy list (see below.)

For me, however I am excited about it being a New Year and all the fun things we will do and places we will visit this year. I feel my life has restarted and I just feel like I will burst with excitement. I feel like a kid in a sweet shop and I just can't make my mind up because there is too much choice.

So here it is:

My 50 things that make me happy

No particular order after the first 3 points.




  1. Hubby and all the cute and sweet things he does and for being my rock.
  2. Family, the love and support they give.
  3. Friends and all the joy they bring me.
  4. The first cup of tea in the morning, piping hot so you can see the steam.......mmmmm!!!
  5. Bright blue sky with no clouds to be seen.
  6. Summer warm breeze.
  7. Walking along a sandy beach that stretches as far as the eyes can see.
  8. Fresh cut summer grass, the smell is just heavenly.
  9. Picnics by the sea
  10. BBQ in the garden in summer.
  11. Painting and drawing animals and landscapes-can't offend a monkey!!!
  12. Taking photos of everything
  13. Doing craft projects.
  14. Writing my blog.
  15. Reading my interior design magazines.
  16. Lazy Sundays.
  17. Sunday roasts.
  18. A very big cheese board.
  19. Shopping-enough said!!
  20. Cooking with Hubby. 
  21. Watching cooking shows and borrowing ideas.
  22. Watching some of my favourite shows, Castle, Murdoch Mysteries, Bones, River Cottage, Saturday Kitchen, Cake Boss, The Little Couple and many more.
  23. Making surprises for people.
  24. Walks in the countryside.
  25. Crunchy Autumn leaves.
  26. Listening to music in the car and singing along.
  27. Christmas-all of it!!                                                                                   
  28. Dancing around my living room to my favourite music.
  29. Holidays and visiting new places.
  30. Fashion!!
  31. Kirsty Allsopp is just my idol.
  32. Driving to different places.
  33. Isle of Wight.
  34. Stationary, lots and lots shiny
  35. new stationary-YAY!!
  36. Dorset-I love living here!!
  37. Going to the Zoo
  38. Italian food-just yum!
  39. Thai food-also yum!
  40. Harry Potter-yep anything related!!
  41. Downton Abbey-yep anything related!!

  42. Fantastic Beasts-yep again anything related!!
  43. Reading a really good book.
  44. Meeting for a coffee.
  45. Quotes that make me laugh.
  46. Tea- to drink, tea cups, tea pots, tea etiquette.
  47. Dinner parties, hosting them
  48. Birthdays, surprising hubby!!!
  49. Pinterest-the most amazing idea ever-I'm addicted!!
  50. Instagram and it's amazing filters.
  51. Make up-any make-more is more!!!
I hope this makes you smile too and maybe inspire you to make a happy list. I think it's really up lifting and put me in an even better mood, making me think of all the things I love. I could have continued but I would have been here for hours. 

Beat the January Blues with your own Happy list!

Toodles XX

No comments:

Post a Comment