Sunday 1 January 2017

NEW YEAR EVE/DAY CELEBRATIONS


As New Years Eves go we have had the best ones down by the coast. Last year we were dressed up as Minions, let me just say it took about a week of scrubbing to get the yellow paint off. This year we decided that we would avoid face paint all together and opt for a more easy/less yellow costume. We spoke about lots of options but in the end we decided that we wanted to go as a pair so we looked a lots of different couple costumes.

 : In the end as I had wanted to go as a Princess, we picked Cinderella and Prince Charming. I spent quite a long time doing my make up while Hubby was watching a footy game at a pub, I did go a bit crazy with the shimmer and glitter powder-oops! I didn't have any help though from a fairy god mother, that would have been handy, she could have doubled up as a make up artist. Would have loved that, that would have been great! 

 : We saw quite a few different and slightly unusual costumes, I think one was a guy being born but I thought he said something else, slightly ruder-so I was a bit baffled.  Our town is very well known for our fancy dress tradition and has been voted one of the best places to go for New Years Eve in Europe. So I knew we were guaranteed a great night and everyone is happy to have photos taken and want to take photos too, It is a bit of a friendly competition to have the most unique or nice costume. Last year we got stopped a lot, this year a lot of people made comments like let the Royals through-which made me laugh!  We went on a bit of pub crawl and did a bit of dancing and lot of singing along to songs. 
 :
At midnight we went to the Clock Tower on the beach to see the clock strike midnight. We then saw lots of fireworks being set of the beach which was nice then everyone starting singing Old Lang Syne-which was lovely!! Then as I would have turned back into my ordinary clothes had I stayed out any later we decided to call it a night, plus my chariot would have turned back into a pumpkin and the driver (me) would have turned back into a mouse (haha ironic that is my nickname!!) 
 :
So I woke up today and I don't drink but I swear sober hangovers are just as bad if not worse!! So today has been a duvet day and as it's been chucking down out side, so then I think it was right to stay snuggled up on the sofa under a warm blanket. 

These pics were taken a few days ago as part of Blogmas but they are our few pre-shots because I knew wouldn't have time on New Years Eve to do them plus I broke my mini tripod-😭!!!


Right going to make a cup of tea and get rid of this headache...!!


Happy New Year, Hello 2017!!

Toodles XX

PS. My car did turn back into a pumpkin, time to get a new one then!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment