Tuesday 27 December 2016

Isle of Wight Festival 2010

 :
I had never been to a festival until 2010 when I went with my hubby (then boyfriend) but I have to say it was brilliant, I thought it was an amazing line up the year we went. It was Sir Paul McCartney, Pink, Jay Z, Kanye West and Alicia Keys, Florence and The Machine and several others. We didn't stay over night or camp because my in-laws live on the IOW which meant warm showers, cosy bed and decent food!!! They best way to do a festival, being able to freshen up and eat some nice food. Being a British Festival there is always mud involved but not as bad as Glasto-where you could mud wrestle-lol!!

I really enjoyed watching Pink because I grew up listening to her and loved her songs and dancing around my room (like a mad women) to her music-memories. Her entrance was amazing she flew across the crowd after coming out of this big box and then did acrobats across the crowd. I had also only ever seen one band live which was Top Loader when I was younger so seeing loads of people performing was great,

It was then Jay-Z, Kanye West and Alicia Keys who did Empire State of Mind and it was brilliant. I actually forgot we saw Kanye West perform as well-cool!! I only remembered after watching one of the videos. We also saw Sir Paul McCartney play and after he finished his set the whole crowd sang Hey Jude back at him and he came back on stage which was brilliant and sang a few more songs.

I think we also watched the Euro's on a big screen while we were there!! I think we didn't did well.

My out fits I did think about before I went, I layered looks so I kept warm but still looked stylish. I wore my stripey dress with a black waterfall cardigan, with a wide belt, a wide brimmed hat (with a big flower) which we shared over the two days and wellies-Obv's they are pretty mandatory at a British Festival!! The Second day I wore my spotty dress and a matching cardigan in bright blue, bright blue shell earrings and a blue head scarf. I also bought a flower head-dress which was pink roses. I think I did the festival look fairly well. As you can tell I was very slim and looked less ill in these pics, it was 2 years before I was diagnosed in 2012. On they way back on the ferry we saw some interesting sights-let's leave it at that!!

I think then next time I will actually get a few specific out fits for it because these were just out fits I had put together from my wardrobe. I think the only surviving item I still have is that blue cardigan, the rest got donated over the years.

I have heard a rumour that the Bestival which was held on the IOW is being moved to Lulworth which only a few miles from us which would be amazing and it's a fancy dress festival which would be perfect for this area because we dress up for almost any opportunity or event!!

Throwback to 2010, Toodles XX


No comments:

Post a Comment