Monday 12 December 2016

BLOGMAS....Day 12 Christmas works meal

 :

So while I am recovering from my transplant I have popped in a few time to work to meet up for coffee with friends or have lunch with them while they have their lunch break. So I was delighted to the works do and seeing some of my friends I hadn't caught up with for a while. So I work at a College and our College has a catering department which is where we had our lovely Christmas dinner in the restaurant the students run. 

It is a really a lovely restaurant, my hubby and I had our 5th Wedding Anniversary meal there and it was so lovely!  I had a starter which was a beetroot salad with Dorset Blue Vinney and pickled walnuts, which was so good. I then had the crab linguine and I have to say I actually asked for the recipe because it was sooooo good. Hubby had a chicken escalope with a poached egg with capers and green beans which hubby loved. Hubby then had a chocolate (no surprise there as he loves chocolate.) with honeycomb for dessert with was just amazing, so rich!

Any way back to the Christmas meal, kinda went off on a bit of a tangent I have to say the Christmas dinner was lovely, it was just perfect portions. 

The starter brilliant, a proper prawn cocktail. It was lovely because it hadn't been messed about with and changed to be something totally different. I personally love that it's an oldy but a goody!! 

So my main was lovely but my only criticism is, there were no sprouts-😭!! I think I'm going to start a sprout revolution, well actually I nearly did the other day in Aldi, when I declared to hubby that I loved sprouts and I wanted them for our roast dinner that Sunday at which point two more people near me declared their love for sprouts too!! The veg was good and they served loads, so I had a few extra parsnips...mmmmm!!

I think my favourite course of the meal unusually (for me-savoury girl-me!) was my tiny but perfect Christmas pudding with the most perfect custard. One it was the cutest Christmas pudding I have ever seen and two it was the most delicious pudding I've eaten at a restaurant. I have to say my mum makes pretty yummy Christmas puddings!!

So you may think I was slightly over dressed for a works do but I had just been interviewed by the local paper about my transplant and how am now so, I just picked an outfit that work for both as I wouldn't have had time to change. This insistently will also be Christmas out fit at my in-laws I think as I was given it by them. I thought the little cropped fluffy coat thing was cute over the top but I kinda looked a polar bear.

Right Night Night you lovely lot,

Toodles my little Christmas presents XX

No comments:

Post a Comment