Thursday 1 December 2016

BLOGMAS......Day 1 Advent Calendar and Chocolate

 :  : So welcome to my first ever Blogmas, I am sooooooo excited. Having been obsessed with Christmas for quite some time now this is so weird that I haven't thought about doing this before. This is also a special Christmas because it will be my first Christmas with my new kidney-not beng ill. This is why I've decided to do Blogmas to make extra special effort and have memories to look back on. I can really enjoy it this year and it will be my last meat Christmas too. So I will be uploading my blog in the afternoons-just in case you might be wondering.

 : So I thought my first blog would be about Advent Calendars.I have just realised that we will have 3 calendars, is that bit excessive? #SorryNotSorry!!

 So I have actually made my own Advent Calendar and decorations made out of felt (it was made over 2 years because I was in the hospital over xmas 2014 and finished this year. Just in case you thought I was just lazy and couldn't be arsed to finish it lol!!) I entered it into the Dorchester Country Show and I got 2nd place which I was over the moon with. I hand made all the decorations as well which are in each pocket to add to the tree through out December. I made decorations which I felt summed up the festive period. These are some of the felt decorations that I made, I think my favourite is either the little elf which has a little jingle bell on it or the little robin. I think that the robin beats the elf just because its got beads that makes it sparkly.

 :

Oh did I mention, that the Advent Calendar has lights sewn in to the snowy roof line of the ginger bread house, why not I say! I also bought sparkly felt which I made several decs from but a lot of the glitter has rubbed off while I was making them-oops!! I also have made some little stocking that you can put a little present in, choccy's or candy canes.

I do have a slight problem though...it's a bit awkward......I have no tree at the moment because for the first time we're getting a real tree so might have to put on hold doing the felt calendar until the weekend. I also have another calendar but with everything going on I forgot the chocolate to put in so there will be a quick dash to the super market tomorrow (today for you.) You may also be wondering why there is 6 stockings well you have to wait and see what they are for but there not all for me!!!

As you can see now there is a lot of chocolate. I thought I was organised but now I'm not so sure, I hope that the rest of Blogmas is more organised. I'm also going to get a traditional chocolate calendar to share (my sugars are fairly high so got to be good which will be hard over blogmas-sad face.) So I will be hiding choc's in there each day so they don't all get eaten in one go. You know this is a hazard of living with a chocolate lover.

 :
So I might get some little chocolate coins (white chocolate and milk) and some little Lindt chocolate bears because hubby loves that chocolate. I wish I had got these ready to go but never mind. I also got some little chocolate baubles which you can see in the pic which I thought were so cute and a great size for the little doors. I also got Hubby the Big Lindt Bear wearing a Christmas Jumper (he has game that chocolate bear!!) as his Christmas eve surprise. I know he doesn't fit in the doors so I will put a clue in door 24 to lead him to it....!!! (I hope he doesn't read this bit-oops)

Right time to get my Festive Geek On!!!

Toodles my little Christmas Puddings xx

No comments:

Post a Comment