Monday 26 December 2016

What a Year 2016......Round up of the years events

So this year has been a bit of a crazy year with some amazing things happening and some not so great things. Well I thought we would do a round up of the year. See how much has changed in one year and predict what the 2017 has to offer.

January and February

So at the beginning of the year we were a bit frustrated because we had bought a house and we had wanted to be in the Christmas of 2015 but it took a lot longer to get into the house than we had thought. I had then wanted to do Valentines in the new place but we eventually moved in on the 26th of February. It was then just a case of unpacking and sorting the house out.

March

Our birthdays was the next big thing, with it being my 30th Birthday, I had decided I was going to have a big party but for various reasons I decided to cancel it in the end. So Hubby and I went to Longleat which isn't too far from us. We went through the enclosure bit which was brilliant but I can't wait to go on a proper safari one day. I also got the lovely book I had wanted for ages from hubby too. I also had a little family get together to celebrate which was lovely.






April

We cooked Easter dinner for hubbies parents, which was great. I had to sit down and do a lot of the prep at the table so I didn't get tired but it worked out well. We did a big joint of lamb and it it was the first time we had cooked for any one else at our new house that was fun.


May

I was really looking forward to going to Cyprus to my brother-in-laws and sister-in-law's wedding. Unfortunately I got a large clot in my arm (after a surgery-one of many) which basically went from my elbow up to my collar bone. So I couldn't fly and so I had to stay at home but my mum visited our new house. We had a stay-cation which actually was lovely we went out and about, did a bit of shopping, had some great food and enjoyed sitting in the garden. Quite delightful really,  just would have been nice to have had a swimming pool.

June

It was our 5th Wedding Anniversary and we went for a lovely meal at Hix. We also gave each other wooden gifts which were very cute. I got a personalised ring box and I bought hubby a wooden watch which is now becoming the in thing to have. We like to do unique and quirky gifts to each other which we can look at and remember each year.

 

July and August

It was the summer holidays and I had people round for afternoon tea party which was meant to be a garden party but as I live in England, it had to be moved in side because it rained. I did a bit of painting over the summer and just pottered about. We went to visit a few beach's near by which was lovely.


September

Well what can I say about September, than it was the best month of this year because  this was when I got my called for a Kidney Transplant. I was so shocked I didn't even think it would be the call. it was just over a year on the list. I had just got my head round it being a couple more years on the list. I was just so over whelmed by it all. I actually saw my kidney in its bag go past and I just burst into tears. It had been many years (4 to be exact when I was first told I would need one)  of just talking about it in a hypothetical way but then it actually happened. I felt well pretty quickly and I was like oh this is how normal people feel!! I didn't realised how ill I really felt until I felt better. My body just ached and everything hurt all the time. I never felt comfortable in my own body. Crazy to think!
 :
October, November and December

This has been my recovery period, I have done a few crafts and really enjoyed having the time to relax and really make the most of the festive season. I don't think I will be making handmade cards next year and home made chutney or all the labels for each present that took bloody ages. Mostly though I have been having check ups to make sure there is no rejection.

 :

Both Christmases were lovely I am so happy I can actually enjoy them properly this year and all the food and festivities. I count my blessings that have happened to me this year and I am looking forward to what next year holds. maybe a few more ups than downs please though.

That's my year in a nut shell.....!

Toodles XX





 

No comments:

Post a Comment