Friday 16 December 2016

BLOGMAS...Day 16 Isle of Wight Christmas part 1

 :
So each year we alternate who's family we spend Christmas at and then we go a week before to the other side of the family. So we are going to the IOW for a few days to celebrate Christmas with Hubbies family. I love spending time down there, it's so quite and relaxing because its a small Christmas affair which is lovely. There is always a open log fire roaring when we arrive which makes it so toasty and we all gather in the drawing room and pile the presents under the tree!! Canapes and Champagne are normally on arrival (Sicilian lemonade for me as I don't drink-I didn't drink before I was ill) Then some sort of Christmas Eve type dinner and then the next day is normally our Christmas day if I remember rightly (when it's not actually on Christmas day.)

 : Travelling down normal takes a bit of time as we generally get stuck behind a tractor or a string of ponies in the New Forest (only kidding!) That's after we normally over pack our suitcases and I pack all the wrong clothes-totally inappropriate for the season I'm going in. I never used to pack enough warm clothes in the winter or too thick heavy clothes in the summer! Any way this time I travelled down in my stripy pink and white jumper under my denim pinafore which is great to travel in and then paired with my big chunky scarf -which I have re-fallen in love with.I then just chucked on my fleece lined tights (always essential for the winter) with my ankle boots and cape coat.

This time though I planned what I was taking, then thought practically about my choices and went for space saving clothes so I could pack very important items-yes you've you guessed Santa hats! I bet you thought I was going to say presents or my medication-I have those too but I wanted to get a great shot of all the hubbies side of our family wearing hats in one pic together! There maybe some arm twisting to get the hats on a few members! Lol!

 : The first night is always like Christmas Eve, we put all the presents under the tree and then we have a light dinner after capes and champagne (lemonade or something like that as I don't drink!)

Then it's an evening of conversation and more drinks or snifters we call them before heading off to bed ready for the big day! I'm off to bed with a nice camomile tea to wind down with!

Sorry the blog is very late with travel, wrapping a few presents and dinner it was a late finish.

Toodles my little sprouts XX


No comments:

Post a Comment