Thursday 8 December 2016

BLOGMAS...Day 8 Making Christmas Cards


 : So this is the first time I've ever managed to send out cards to any one let alone make them and do personalised cards for different people. So you can see a sneak peak of what I have sent to all my lovely relatives on my side of the family and to my lovely in-laws on the other side.I have also surprised a fellow transplant friend with her own card to put a lovely smile on her face.
 :
The only problem is I have run out of the cards with the hole in them (aperture cards-I think they are called!) So I will have to do an emergency order off hobby craft and hope it arrives soon so I can get them sent. I also have a card which needs to be air mailed so I will have to go back to the post office tomorrow.

I have used a program called Paint.net and I found it quite good to edit these pics on. I was going to use Photoshop on my old mac but it looks like the computer has finally given up the ghost (definitely time to get a new Mac-yay!!)

 : So my family will probably remember the pic I made them all took a few years ago but I never got round to actually doing anything with it. Well I managed to Photoshop some Santa hats onto everyone and then I added the snow balls and then made them a bit blurry (can't actually remember what I did for that bit!) and then I added the trees in the background from google and added the snow drift at the front of the picture. This one was quite time consuming but I think it looks very effective. I then used decorative paper on the flap of the envelope, each person will have different paper picked especially for them. I then stamped our intials on the back of the card using my little letter stamping set (totally had forgotten about till I was rummaging around looking for something else and found them!)

 :
So the ones above were a bit easier to do because I had remembered how to do it and I was using the same pic of us but with just different backgrounds. I did however have to combine the pic of the adults with the pic of the boys because I couldn't quite get a shot of all of us together which was a bit of a challenge. worked out though because they are actually covering my hubby holding a drink which I only noticed one I had started editing it-not that festive!!! In these pics we are actually all wearing real Santa hats, I had got some from Poundland the day before (otherwise I would have been editing them on and that would have taken aaaaaagesss!) I chose the background with the Santa illustration (from google) and my sister-in-law chose the more frosty/snowy scene and my friends pic, I picked a inside festive scene with Frosty the Snowman in the background. I thought it would be a lovely surprise for everyone. So then I put stamps on them all and took them to the post box to pop them in!! In reality they didn't quite fit in that post box so I had to take them round to the post office-oops!!

If you're really lucky you might be able to post your cards in one of these gold post boxes-this one is in my home town-very festive!

I'm looking forward to both families reactions!!

Right Toodles my little Panettones xx

No comments:

Post a Comment