Wednesday 7 December 2016

BLOGMAS....Day 7 Christmas book haul

 :

So most people who have come to our house may have noticed I have a few (OK a lot) of Christmas books, cooking, crafts and general festiveness. So I decided to do a little blog on them.

So I think my FAVOURITE Christmas book is my Kirstie's Christmas Craft book (which I got from my hubby as a secret Santa- at our Christmas dinner party we hosted.) It has some great ideas and I have actually used a couple of the recipes in it. Once Christmas I made Limoncello and her chutney recipe for Christmas presents one year. They were great and I love just looking back over her book because I enjoy refreshing my memory and trying new things. Be prepared though some of the ideas may set you back a few (chocolate) pennies!!


 : My other book that I absolutely love, which is my Christmas cooking Bible is my Perfect Christmas book (with recipes and crafts-the whole package.) it goes through all the dinner courses and how to create them, It's got vegetarian dishes, buffet, party food, all the condiments and trimmings, puddings, baking, edible gifts and festive cocktails and mocktails.

Then they have another section for decoration and gifts for Christmas. They included, Christmas crafts, natural crafts, tree decorations, , cards and wrapping, kids crafts and party games. I have to say that if you only have one Christmas book you could defiantly pull off an amazing Christmas with Perfect Christmas!

Now you might be amazed hear that I don't currently have a copy of every home cooks bible-Delia Smiths Christmas Cook book (although I have been offered a copy-so I can add that to my collection soon-yay!!)


 : So I have a lot of Christmas books, the top pic has my favourite books with all my December magazines from: 25 Beautiful Houses, Ideal Home, Country Homes and Delicious!! I love looking through my Ideal Home magazines (on subscription) especially in December to see all the Festive looks and the Christmas tree themes each year. It's my little tradition to sit down and read my magazine with a lovely cup of tea (preferably a hot one that I hadn't put down and forgotten about-very annoying habit of mine!!) I also love reading the Country Homes magazine because that really is the dream to live by the sea in the country side. Being a country girl, I love the rustic look and less show home look that you see in a lot of magazines-I'm not that kinda women!!

Country Homes mag have amazing festive themes and looks which are rustic but still cute. Cosy blankets and brown packages tied up with string-well that's how the song goes but actually that's not fare off!! It's a lot of hand made decorations and more artisan which is defiantly my kind of thing. Ok-I may have realised I might be quite quirky from that previous sentence!

 : So my last book that I want to mention is I heart Christmas by Lindsey Kelk - she's one of my favourite authors (she does the 'I heart' series) I find I can reread this over and over again. How ever I did see soooooo many Christmas themed books like this one in The Works-defiantly going to raid the book section in Jan to help with the January Blues!! So with every good book you need a good bookmark and I think this one was in my stocking when I was really young and I still have it- I love it! It's also really good to mark a recipe in my cook books.

I actually there is another book which will feature in another blog post but there are two pics of pages that I loved. The pic by the limoncello, the one of brandy snap cigars (we used to have brandy snap baskets when I was younger-immediately texted my mum to ask her to buy some for Christmas!!) I also like the little Christmas invitation which you could scan in and then print off multiple copies-great for those hosting- I'm not 😭!! If you can't tell I am desperate to host a Christmas but I need to probably prepare for a whole year before I do!!

At least I can keep adding to my Christmas book haul!!!

Right Toodles my little pigs in blankets xx

No comments:

Post a Comment