Monday 26 December 2016

BLOGMAS....Day 24 Look Book (bit late-soz)

I decided to do a look book through out Blogmas to show some of my out fits. They won't all be festive and some will be for illustration purposes, like for example showing what I will be wearing on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. 

Disclaimer: By no means am I saying that:
A) I am model 
B) That these are all serious outfits 
C) That these are professional shoots 

because they are not any of the above! These pics are a bit of fun to see what crazy combinations I wear through out Blogmas!! Some may not be to every ones taste and that's ok, 'cos I'm wearing it!! Also for the last 4 years I have mostly worn comfy clothes that aren't tight so I don't feel sick. 

This is my chance to:
A)Get my #festivegeekon !
B) Be a little more Glamorous!
C) Have fun with my clothes! 

Right, now we have that out of the way, we can now laugh at my array of festive knit wear and dazzling array of looks I have pulled off in one month!! I think that it's self is an achievement. My first look was actually a few days before December and Blogmas but I actually thought it was a cute look so I have included it. I am wearing some woolly leggings with reindeer and Christmas trees on them. They are really comfy but the elastic has gone on the waist so I needed to fix them. I then paired this with a festive jumper from last year which I really like, it's just cute and festive-the look I was going for. I then paired it with my long boots which does make it look at bit more sensible I think! I then wore my Cape coat/ or might have been my red coat. This was an out fit to go on a walk with a friend, she did say dress warm! I was also wearing my Wild Berry MUA lipstick-fav shade at the mo!!

 The second look is me off to the hospital to get my check up done for my transplant. So I wore my amazing jumper that I found in primark which reminds me of a scarf and hat that my gran knitted for me, made out of the same wool (Pic to the left)! I was feeling nostalgic (I miss the 90's) when I bought that jumper, I think it was because I was with my mum too. So I paired the jumper with jumper with a pink pashmina, a pink sparkly bobble hat and my cape coat (it will make many appearances.) I think I am wearing a pink lipstick but i can't remember which one. (I would never make a good beauty blogger.) 

This look was my high wasted bright red trousers (which are a little tight at the mo) with a black roll neck jumper tucked in and my cape coat over the top. I had my Disney handbag (carry on bag-OK I know it's massive.) I am wearing my MUA Shade 13-but I think it should be called post box red or Santa red (just my opinion!!) I wore this out fit to post my Christmas cards (they actually didn't fit in this letter box so I had to take them to the post office round the corner!) I was also wearing my little black ankle boots (which will be in most pics!)
I look slightly dishevelled in this pic because I had been wrestling with the tree outside, to get all the bugs off it. I am wearing my long cardigan with a faux fur trim on the collar with a plum roll neck jumper underneath and my fawn coloured skirt which has a bit of a flare to it. I had on some thick woolly tight and my long boots. I also had snow flake dangly earrings but you can't see them here. I wanted to be warm but also wear something practical so I could help get the tree in the car. (which was quite a mission.)


 : These books are really lovely and have some great advice to be more glamorous and sophisticated which I will be using more from Jan but they are a good read now. I don't really think I can say that Christmas leggings in different patterns and Christmas Jumper really falls into that category. I was given the little book, which hmmmm.........I'm not sure if they were saying I needed a bit of help or that because I looked glam, I would like the book. Any way they are lovely book either way.
 :


So these book don't cover festive costumes and crazy festive head wear!! So I'm surprised there's not more crazy festive out fits already. OK, I may have spoken to soon, Well really? What else can I wear while watching a festive film? The only option is my Christmas Pudding Onsie (that I used to wear to dialysis and I would get told off because it was July!!) It's so warm and toasty and it's great to be all cosy while watching some of my top 10 Christmas films!!

 :
This was the out fit I wore for my works Christmas meal, which I hadn't really thought about because if I had spilt anything down it (quite likely to happen-I'm very clumsy) this is one of the out fits I wanted to wear in the IOW for our Christmas day there. I am wearing a very pretty dress (given to me by my lovely mother-in-law) I paired it with some lovely peal jewellery set, necklace and earrings (which I bought for a cruise I never got to go on because I ended up in hospital with an infection from my peritoneal dialysis😭!) So I have started wearing it as part of my fancy going out/special occasion jewellery set and I have another set which is defiantly more blingy!!                                                                      

 :
So this obviously is a Mrs Claus costume which I got for a photo shoot with hubby. I bought it from Poundland (it was £7 but thought that was pretty good!!) I think it's a pretend/faux velvet material which makes it look a bit prettier that the more felt material, the other costumes were made of. This costume had 3 parts to it, the tiny hat which actually fit my head (which is amazing because I have a tiny head and normally have to wear kids hats!) The cape which went over the shoulders and then the v.v.v short dress which if you were actually going to wear this out you will need shorts underneath. I just wore black fleecy tights and I would probably wear my patent black vintage style school shoes that I have or boots. I then put loads of blusher to give me very rosy cheeks and a bright red lip MUA Shade 13 (Santa red/Rudolph red!) I paired that with gold eye shimmer and a glittery powder from body shop which gives you a festive shimmer!!


 :

 : This out fit was for a festive walk on the IOW at my parent in-laws. I decided this was the best option (that I had brought with me) for going on a walk. I have my red 'let it snow' jumper on with my red snow man woolly leggings, my red and maroon hat and a red scarf with my cape coat and my little black ankle boots (which are not suitable walking across wet grass and muddy paths and fields-oops!) Hubby also got in on the action with festive jumper on a Christmas walk. (This is one of my favourite pics from the whole of the festive season so far!)

 :

Cinderella and Prince Charming- New Years Eve Costumes. These are pretty cool and I can't wait to go out on NYE now. I had wanted to go as a Disney Princess since last year when we went as minions (which was great fun but it took about a week to get the yellow face paint off-people actually asked me if I was OK because they thought I had jaundices!)


My last out fit is my Christmas day look. I decided I would go glamorous in the end, I am wearing my sparkly dress which is dark blue with silver glitter and tiny white beads on and then glittery silver tights and my patent shoes but as we are in side I probably won't need those. I may take my little cream fluffy jacket or a cardigan, as the dress at the back is basically backless with a little panel down the centre. I will defiantly have a red lip and very shimmer eye make up. I will also be sporting a Christmas Santa hat.

I have really enjoyed Blogmas but next year I will have written a lot of the blogs I think before December so I have more time to enjoy it and do more activities. I think I have done a bit of a mixture of different types of blogs. As it was my first Blogmas, I have done alright apart from the occasional late blog upload!!

I know 2017 is going to be a good year and I am actually really looking forward to it now. I think when you've been ill for a fairly long time you just see the years slip by but now I see it as new opportunities.

Thanks to all of those who have read my blogs, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!

Toodles to 2016 Hello 2017 XX

No comments:

Post a Comment