Saturday 14 January 2017

Winter walk and a gym session

 :

 : Today we decided to go to Lulworth Cove for a walk. We had been before but I didn't walk up the hill because I was very anaemic so I only walked a little way on to the beach the last time. I had wanted to walk to the top when I had got my transplant. Well today is 4 months post transplant, so I wanted to see how far I would get. As you can see from the photos I reached the top and I was so proud of myself for getting to the top and not giving up. I had to stop a couple of times to get my breath back and stop because my muscles in my legs were really sore because they have shortened over the last few years. We had a lovely walk and I hope we will do another walk next weekend and go a bit further. I did 3,611 steps today and I walked 2.1 km today. I really want to reverse my diabetes and I hope by doing the weekend walks and the gym, I will be able to. We had a quick cup of tea at the Lulworth Cove Inn before heading home.

Yesterday I went to the gym with my hubby. I walked there and then I did about 40 minutes on the treadmill and then I did another 10 minutes on the cross trainer. I did about 3.10 km walking and I burnt about 150 calories and then about 100 calories on the cross trainer. I then walked back home. I have been increasing my steps the last days, I think getting back to work has helped me be more active. I will continue to share my progress and my journey with beating diabetes and getting fit. I think I will also start blogging what I eat or, do with a What I ate Wednesday tag.

 :  :

ToodlesXX

No comments:

Post a Comment