Thursday 12 January 2017

Transplant and diabetes....

So I had my check up today, nearly 4 months post transplant and I got some news that really shocked me. It started so well, my creatine was 72 and my transplanted kidney function is 87 % which is amazing. Then just as I thought I had escaped any bad news, my Doc told me that I have Diabetes. He said it had been caused by medications that I was on for my kidney transplant which happens in quite a few transplanted patients. 

I now have to be really careful about my sugar levels, eat even more healthily and increase my level of exercise. I have joined my works gym (swapped to be able to use it after work) where I can walk there and back which will increase the amount of exercise I do to. I'm also going to register for the Park Run in my local area every Saturday and go swimming as well as do a bit of yoga to tone up. So no more excuses, my hands have recovered from when I fell over. So my aim for now is to reverse the Diabetes, lose weight and then focus on the games for 2018 once I have got this under control. 

So tomorrow is Friday and I will be going to the gym and then I will either go for a walk or go swimming. I am not going to let this beat me, not after everything else I have been through!!

So from now on, no cakes, mocha's, chocolate, biscuits, all the bad sugars. So if you see any pics of me eating cakes or chocolate-yell at me (use caps- you have my permission!)

Watch this space, let's hope it doesn't snow tomorrow to ruin my plans!!

Wish me luck, let's do this!!

ToodlesXX 

No comments:

Post a Comment