Sunday 2 January 2011

Mini New Yorker...our boxing day box....

So boxing day is at my Uncles house in London....so we all got ready and loaded up the car early and then set off....I remember last year we got into London and we were at a set of traffic lights and a car next to us pulled up and was turning right when it nearly got hit by a taxi...we all said at the same time. "That's Chris Evan" he was in his 4x4 with his family....he got so angry it made a interesting story over dinner...!! The taxi didn't even stop. Any way this Christmas I got very travel sick and spent the whole journey going with my eyes closed- I had sit down when we had got to my uncles for a few minutes before I felt ok again...had a big cup of tea which helped!! There wasn't much dancing this year but we did do our forfeits again unfortunately my forfeit I wrote which was "give Katrina £10+" resulted in my uncle punching me 10x in the arm.....not fun for me...!! I some how managed to lose my brand new pink gloves....I turn my uncles house up side down turned out I had left them in the car-oooops!! Bit embarrassing...!! We had a nice buffet meal then some of us played on the wii...it was nice!!

Our boxing day box is like a big lucky dip bag...we get 5 presents each and the challenge is to get each present for £2 each its great fun hunting for unusual and different present the aim is to be as creative as possible....!! Its like a big treasure hunt....you have to make sure you don't buy the same things as the year before.....!!

Any way after finding my gloves and having a few more cups of tea we decided to head home....it has flown by and I think we were all happy to head home and relax....!!

So the next day I was meant to head home...my car had been sitting on the drive for a few days...so when I went to start it up because it had been sooo cold ....my mums drive was still covered in snow and just like me my car does not like the cold so she had a little tantrum -didn't start and just as I had called the RAC my mum got her started....!!! What a nightmare....I was soooo desperate to get home and see my boyfriend....but he had a bit of a surprise once we got home.....

Any way that's a whole other story....toodles xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment