Thursday 30 December 2010

Mini New Yorker and Her Christmas

So it's Christmas Eve Morning and up and ready to travel a few hours to my mums house to start our festivities. After our what can only be describe slightly obscene office Christmas do!! I got stitched up Royally.....my boss swapped the Secret Santa so he would have me so I would get the obscene shaped chocolates....but I am happy to say that one of my colleagues got my boss...and bought him a green mankini...which he promptly tried it on....!! Very amusing but I just don't think lime green is really his colour...that's probably not what I should be worrying about really...!!!

Any way back to my family Christmas, I got to my mums at lunch time so we had several cups of tea and then our neighbour popped round to give us a Christmas gift...!  We started to get the house ready....I think spent most of the afternoon cleaning the bathrooms....!! I was then sent to get the last bits of the shopping...tried to find a few bargains but unfortunately there weren't any!! I was in there ages....I started of with a basket which got too heavy to I gave up carrying it and then just slid it a few feet when a nice sale guy asked if I wanted a trolley instead (much better option)..which he rushed off to get and then transferred my shopping from the basket into my trolley!! Good job I hadn't bought anything embarrassing...!!  Any way I picked my brother up and we went home to have dinner and wrap the last of my brothers presents...(which I do every year-what is it about boy wrapping or lack there of????)  I think it doesn't matter how old a male is wrapping presents is just not in their DNA..!!

Any way with the house as ready as it would ever be so I sneaked my mums stocking out of the living room where it was hanging up and ran up stairs to fill it up with all the goodies my brother and I had got for her this year...!! It's a kind of a tradition that us, Murray's never stick to the stocking...we always have over flow bags...!!

Well Christmas day and I was up so early that I was not used to seeing that time of day!! I had a lovely cup of tea straight out of a fresh pot and we stuck on the AGA and put in some croissants and got some yummy smoked salmon....unfortunately I could not saver the moment as I had to started peeling potatoes, parsnips- which will be honey roasted of course, Baby carrots (which were sooo cute) sprouts and other root vegetables. Then we opened our stockings which we got some lovely things...lots of sweeties yay... My mum and I got most of the food ready and the table set....then I showered and put on my "Sunday" best which was my blue sparkly dress and glitter silver tights...which I love...!! I have seen a few more sparkly dresses which I would like to buy when I have a bit more cash flowing...!!

So all the relatives arrived and the kettle was on and the sherry was being poured...!! Presents were all unloaded and then once everyone had the right drinks...my cousins and I handed out the presents...some didn't have labels so it was a memory game of which presents were for who...!! Any way this year we reverse the order oldest first...! It was nice, I got one present from my cousin which was a large zip....which confused me.....I sat looking at it...then I twigged and started to zip it and it started to make a shaped....I finished the zipping and it was a little make up bag.....!! Very cool!! I also got a RED WII too...to try and get me fitter...!!

Then it was time for lunch and we got everything out of the oven served up all the food and the best gravy ever made...(it was made by my mother-totally yummy and full of flavour.) We pulled the crackers and then lit some candles for those we had loved and lost in our family...!! To them we toasted and then tucked in to a lovely dinner...which was soo filling...I couldn't finish my christmas pudding but I did get my 20p...!!

So dinner was wrapped up and christmas tv on, we all settled to watch various shows....several rounds of coffee later... it was time for some of my relatives to go home and then all over again in London with my other uncle and aunt...with our secret santa box/lucky dip.. on boxing day!

So Christmas day is over and now for the second round on boxing day...sorry pardon the pun....any way toodles..xx

No comments:

Post a Comment