Sunday 5 December 2010

Mini New Yorker Getting her festive groove on....

Wooooo!! I have just put up my Christmas tree and it looks fabulous....red and gold with, tinsel and ribbon to make it look even prettier. I have used red baubles and little god ones....I have also used candy canes to hang on the tree too. Its simply styles but it's an effective look....especially if money is not flowing before Christmas. You can get your baubles from various place, local superstores or some where like Ikea are good places to get lots for a small budget. Or if you want something a bit glamorous then I know Chic Interior Solutions may have something some very nice candles holders...!! Or have a look at my Christmas Moose/ Reindeer is from the Christmas range last year but there may be similar items available.

I have also got a wooden Advent calendar which is I can put little chocolates in and then my boyfriend and I will take turns in opening the days. So we went to our local food store to get our weekly food and I did a bit of Christmas shopping too...I was in the cosmetic aisle having a look at a few bits and lady started to ask my opinion about some make-up and I started to give her advise about what would suit her and best for her skin tones. I laughed and said to her well I should know what I am doing as I write a fashion blog....!! I must have looked like I knew what I was doing..! lol!!
Well the house looks lovely and I have done a bit more shopping... I am going to start wrapping things.....I am going to be ultra organised this year. I have bought some of 5X £2 presents for the big box which my family do a big lucky dip kinda thing and then we do a swap depending what we get if we want to its very fun.... when my brother and I were younger we would actually all dive in to the box....it was a bit manic but we all loved it...Last year we ended up having a bit of a disco in my uncles kitchen and we were given tasks to do too. I had to iron my uncles shirt...very funny!

 So my question to you guys what are your family traditions and what would you like to do...? Any favorite foods you get...we always have flumps....! Any way I am going to get some more wrapping down now so I am off so toodles.xxxxx





No comments:

Post a Comment