Wednesday 22 December 2010

Mini New Yorker and snowy christmas on the cards.... and the last of Ugly Betty...so sad....!!

Snow covered village
It's snowed...I have been wearing two coats all week as it has been soooo cold lol!! I am really hoping that it doesn't continue to snow because I have very sore feet from chilblains and would like to be able to walk properly, as at the moment I look a bit odd when I am walking and I pull an awful face...!

Driving in the weather is not very fun...a journey which normally takes 20 mins took an hour-and-half. I thought I would never get home but my Nissan Micra and I did very well and even some of the big 4x4s were struggling....and my Micra is an automatic so the only way to slow down is to break and this weather is not fun...however my Micra or mousemobile as it's affectionately known as did very well...!!

I'm starting to get more excited about Christmas now at my mum's house looking forward to sitting down with the family and having a great dinner....my mum's Christmas dinners are amazing!!! She could feed the five thousand..!! I have the job of making the soup for our starter which was very well received last time so might tweak it a little- for the element of surprise...! I am wondering if it will be a white Christmas because we might not be able to get to London on Boxing Day for our traditional family box/ secret Santa thing we do- very fun!

It has been snowing the last couple of days (actually the few weeks- for goodness sake) but it's stopped for the time being but the weather says its going to snow on Thursday and Christmas Eve....! I hope not as I have to get down the M25 and go through the country lanes to get to my mum's. I don't think I will be in my best gear to travel down as I will be stuck in my car for several hours may end up pushing it most of the way.....I really need my sparkly wellies from the Isle of Wight.

On Thursday it's our Christmas work's do, so can't wait for that as we are doing a secret Santa for that too...but we are all trying to guess who's got who and we're not very good at keeping it a surprise- that seems to be a running theme for me - lol!! Any way should be good fun....here comes the gold glittery tights...might even wear glitter gold eye liner too just to be OTT!! Yay! Not sure what shoes yet as it depends if I go for warmth and sensible or if I go for stylish and freeze your feet off look! Not quite decided.....!!! lol!

I am going to be putting up my little cupboard in my bedroom which is going to be for all my nail varnishes as I'm trying to collect as many as I can with loads of different colours...! There is room for my newest arrival which is fuchsia pink which my work colleague got me.....!! Barry M baby...wooop woop...!

Oh and just to say goodbye to Ugly Betty....I cried through both episodes and I am going to need the box sets to stop me from having withdrawal symptoms. I loved Uglys Betty's fashion in these episodes and I am going to be hunting them down and stocking my wardrobe...!!! I have started to give style advice out...well actually I was asked to help find someone a red sequin dress for New Yea'rs Eve and I think I found it in about 10 seconds...that's got to be some sort of record- surely?

Any way I am off to bed....I will post more tomorrow as I will be getting ready for the big parrrtaaaayyy!! So you know it by now TOOOOOOOODDDDLLLLLLLEEEEEEES haha!! xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment