Sunday 5 December 2010

Mini New Yorker....Lanvin for H&M Haute Couture Fashion show New York 2010




Button bracelet made by my dad
Button bracelet
So it's been very busy in the fashion world with plenty of fashion shows....London, Paris, New York, Miami, Milan! But I thought the best was definitely the H&M fashion show which took key pieces from their range and made them more individual with the help of Lanvin!  Some pieces will being sold for Unicef!


The clothes were amazing.... I love the pink dress which was accompanied by a very cute grey poodle! I thought the catwalk was lovely with the arch of flowers and general energy and fun brought by the models and designer was just great!

I think that is the first time I have seen the models on a fashion show actually look like they were having fun down down the catwalk... I wish I could have gone...maybe next year I will get an invite? It kinda reminded me of some of the choices our Fabulous Sex In The City star- SJP would wear.

Oh yes the Sex In The City 2 is out on dvd that I am going to have to  get.....I was looking at some SJP's outfits from the series and the films....I think I would now wear a lot of her stuff....well only if I had her credit card limit....lol! But actually I suppose you don't need to spend loads, like the H&M fashion has shown that you can get basics and style.....its more fun too....! I went into a haberdashery store and it was like I was in Aladdin's cave...or like when I was younger in Hamleys in London just before Christmas- kind of a family thing- we would go up to London and look at the lights and windows of the big department stores-they were so creative and beautiful they were like works of art. Anyway when my brother and I would go to Hamleys and head to the sweet floor, we would stuff the sweety bags full....I remember one year I think it came to about £25 worth of sweets.....on the way home we sat in the back of my dad's Jeep Cherokee just munching on them....I don't think we were meant to, mind you...I do remember being told not to eat them until after dinner-oops!!!

I think if you have a coat or top with buttons and when you buy it, it's got plain buttons on it-then that would be my first thing I would change. Get some over sized button or ones with detail. You don't have to stick with buttons that are all the same- mix it up!! Buttons themselves can be accessories...I have a brilliantly made button bracelet which was hand made for me by some one very special and when ever I miss them I wear it....its very funky and it livens up an outfit by just a small change....!! They are in-expensive, a few minutes to sew and a new look to an old outfit- thats good maths....!!! The best way to save too is to collect any button that come of the clothes you bought and then make it into accessories...!! Well my boyfriend and I got our little Christmas tree out and I am off to get some more decorations...!! Toodles xx

No comments:

Post a Comment