Tuesday 22 November 2016

Alopecia problems and NEW hairstyles

So I finally got my hair cut and I'm so glad I've had it done. I feel like my face is less round with this style. I was thinking having my hair cut to the shoulder with a fringe but I was advised against by the hair dresser because it cut my face in half so it might make my face look more round.

This style is to try and reshape my face because of the steroids I'm on. My face has moon-face which is quite common with people on steroids. So as well as going to the gym, I got my hair cut to hide the sides of my face so it doesn't look as round, plus I like this look on me. I think I will get a fringe put in possibly after Christmas so that I get the look I really want.

So it's goodbye to my long old hair and the problems I had with Alopecia. This is why my hair is so thin in places because I ended up with bald patches by my ears and at the top. I tried to hide it and became very self conscious of it and it really upset me because I had lovely hair.

My Alopecia was caused by a blood pressure medication which just made most of my hair fall out in massive clumps. I think losing my hair really effected my confidence being in public, because I felt people were staring and trying to guess what was wrong with me. I remember my dads hair all fell out when he had his chemo and it affected him too, he hated having his photo taken at the time.

I have noticed that my hair has started to grow back, unfortunately I have noticed a few greys have appeared which definitely weren't there before. After everything I've been through that also upset me quite a lot which people might think is silly but I hardly had my 20's and as soon as I turned 30 I got grey hairs. Well in the grand scheme of things I'm not really complaining and I can always dye my hair to cover them, but I think they grew back like that because of the medication I was on.


Any way I love my new hair style and it's definitely the new me.

Toodles xx

No comments:

Post a Comment