Tuesday 15 November 2016

Post transplant 1st gym session.

So I haven't been to the gym for so long I had to go out an buy some gym gear. That just shows how long it's been, due to my anaemia I didn't have any energy to do exercise and I felt sick a lot of the time due to having really high blood pressure. It meant that even going up stair or for a short walk almost impossible with stopping regularly and sitting down. I almost didn't realise that before my transplant, my whole body hurt/ached when I did any exercise. I suppose I got so used to feel like it, I didn't realise how bad I felt. It became the new normal for me.

My aim is to get fit and start training for the British Transplant Games. I used to do cross country and athletics and skiing in the police, so I want to get back to that ability. My other ambition is to do another trek for charity. I did one in 2007 and that was the last really big thing I have done. I did the trek which was over 120km without any training and I also did a half marathon the week before with out any training either. Those days are gone but I will get my fitness back soon.

I tried to do some snowboarding in 2013 and found it really hurt my legs and then I thought I was going to throw up on the slope. After that I limited all exercise to reduce the stress on my body. However I do want to start skiing again and I would love to go on a mini skiing break soon. I loved it, plus my hubby and I haven't been skiing together ever so keen to get him and me back on the slopes.



So I will definitely continue to go to the gym because as you can tell from the top pic I am battling with weight gain from my steroids which makes me have increased appetite. I have also been off for 2 months and didn't do loads of exercise and I keep having people round for tea and cakes which means I have stuff left over which I nibble on....ooops!!! In all seriousness I need to watch my sugar levels as that is increased by the steroids too so going to try and cut out a lot of the sugary things and increase my exercise.



So I will do an update on how my exercise journey is going. I will be walking to work to meet a friend for coffee and I will resist the urge for a syrupy coffee and cake.


 Toodles xx

No comments:

Post a Comment