Tuesday 8 November 2016

Walking off into the sunset......


 My first walk we drove to the beach because I was only 11 days post Transplant. My scar was very sore still so we only walked a short distance before we decided to call it a day. It was still an achievement because pre-transplant I was very anaemic (with my haemoglobin at 5/6 grams per deciliter which is very low, In women in should be between 12.1 to 15.1) We had been in all day and I was getting a bit of cabin fever....bizarrely I'm not good at being ill-I get bored! So we went for a walk along the beach which was amazingly refresher. Unfortunately the day after I had seemed to have aggravated my stent so I got a urine infection so had to go onto antibiotics. I did get a bit of a light telling off at clinic because I had tried to do too much too quickly-oops! So after this I then waited quite a few weeks later to try and do a walk again. I have to say both walks I have been on had great evening skies and sunsets.

I tried again after one month post transplant and I felt even better by then and I was able to wandered along (a different) beach and had a very nice cup of tea and a yummy cake (which probably won't me with my weight gain from being on steroids for my transplant.) I've started to walk to meet my friends from work to have a coffee/tea. I'm also going start swimming, which I can walk to as it's round the corner. I also will join my hubby at the gym to start light exercise and get training for the British Transplant Games next year.

Many more walks for us to enjoy and explore our County now I can walk more than 100 yard with out being tired. Exciting times ahead.

Toodles xx





1 comment:

  1. Sorry to bother....Pick up your Blog for
    a little read from time to time...!
    Thought you might like this....! :).

    https://www.youtube.com/embed/KcuDdPo0WZk

    ReplyDelete