Thursday 10 November 2016

Birthday at a Safari park......Lions, Tigers and Bears oh my!


Yes for my 30th Birthday I went to a Safari Park, Longleat. It was a brilliant day and it certainly didn't disappoint. We did have a bit of drama while we went through the some of the enclosures. To save time as it had taken a lot longer to get ready and then drive to the Safari park we didn't have much time to eat so we grabbed some toasties to take with us on the drive through the enclosures, this was not a very good idea.
Especially as the sandwich I had picked was a ham and cheese toasty, now you may think I was being paranoid but I'm sure the lions could smell the ham from the car. Now you're probably thinking I am being silly but I was petrified when one of the lions walked past I just didn't move and I held my breath. Although I was scared I couldn't help be amazed by the big cats, including the tigers which were so majestic even when two of the tigers started having a fight right next to our car which was quite impressive but scary. Where as some of the tigers weren't that bother at all and would rather snooze. He probably wondered what all the racket was they other two were making. I did notice that ths younger lion had some sort of piece of car in his mouth which made me slightly nervous he might have a go at our car after....eeek!! 





Naughty little lion, I feel sorry for the owner of the car, that must have been terrifying. I would defiantly had a panic attack and my blood pressure was quite high after we did the safari as it was. We then went through the rhino enclosure and that's when I thought we were really in trouble. I had been taking pictures of the rhino and I had been holding my flash but I took my hand off my camera for a second and then I forgot to put my hand back on the flash and lets just say that the rhino got so close that the tractor came in between us and the rhino I generally thought he was going to charge the car. I was so freaked out I was shaking. thank goodness the tractor was there. I was so cross with my self because I had got distracted and my flash went off. I defiantly learnt my lesson though. So after being thoroughly terrified we went had a cup of tea and cake to calm our nerves. So apart from nearly being eaten by lions for my sandwich (ok slight exaggeration) and actually nearly being trampled on by a rhino we had a great time and I would definitely want to go back. Hopefully next time we will see even more.


Toodles xx






No comments:

Post a Comment