Tuesday 8 November 2016

Pumpkin carving......for dinner

 So Halloween for most people would be hollowing out a pumpkin to carve a scary face into it, not me.

Nope, I was scooping all the seeds out which took soooo long, to fill it up with a yummy filling and bake it. I had never done it before, I had stolen the idea from a cooking show which I had recently been watching. The chef had done it with a much smaller pumpkin but my husband got this one so it needed a lot more stuffing than I had anticipated.

After I scooped out all the seeds I then made the mix to go back into the pumpkin. I used sausage meat and canned tomatoes with several Italian herbs and then to speed up the cooking process I cooked it off in a pan first and added a stuffing mix instead of bread and then topped it with cheese and baked it back in the oven covered in foil. It was a lovely dinner actually sounds like a weird set of ingredients but they way I cooked them it worked well- I think any way and Hubby liked it. I think I would use much smaller ones though next time. I am really enjoying cooking again, after my transplant I now have much more energy and the capacity to do all the prep work and actually want to cook.

Any way Toodles xx



No comments:

Post a Comment