Thursday 24 November 2016

Valentines, kidney disease and post transplant

Valentines for me is so much nicer at home where you can pic your own meal and decorations and not have to put up with domestics arguments in restaurants because someone didn't get the right gift or they didn't get the proposal that they wanted. You've seen those couples right? The ones who have a loud argument and then one storms out.....not really mine scene.

The other thing that I dislike about Valentines day is that restaurants and shops put the prices up to ridiculous prices for that one day and then you have to squeeze into a restaurant filled to the brim or buy a bunch of flowers that cost 3x as much. Not for me I'm afraid!!



 I also think its much nicer and more romantic to be just you and your partner. You can get cute decorations and balloons or if your creative then you could make them. To be honest my husband and I show each other every day how much we love each other-which might sound really mushy but if you have been through what we have you would be to. The pic to the right is a few pics from various Valentines days.

It is difficult being ill but I did my best to make the day as special as I can. I think the one I was most proud of was buying a chocolate fountain for hubby because hes a big chocolate lover, which I paired with a platter of fruit. I did have a bit of a disaster though, the spiral thing that moves the chocolate to the top was not in properly and it span the chocolate everywhere. It went all over the furniture, me and the carpet. I think chocolate fondues are defiantly easier. You can actually see that the top pic of me in a polka dot dress I'm a bit better and the bottom pic of me in my stripey top, I remember I wasn't feeling well at all and I went out and got the decorations from Asda and the food was from M & S, it was a big pearl filled with salmon moose on sapphire served on a shell and the main was steak and we added the prawns to make it surf and turf. Over the years we have different food the top pic was one of our starters, mussels and tiger prawns/king prawns-I can't remember which is which.

This year I did struggle to organise the Valentines day I wanted for my hubby but I did give him a homemade gift (I heart bear-his nickname personalised photo.) When you are ill and on dialysis every other evening, with anaemia and generally feel like rubbish it is hard to find the motivation and energy to organise things.I also needed helping taking the pictures for his present, in the end I actually used my selfie stick. I ordered the letters and painted them in blue and the sprinkled glitter on them. I then used a heart balloon to finish the pic, then printed the pics off and then put them in a frame.

So after getting my transplant in September I now feel really able to make up for all the Valentines that I couldn't really celebrate properly. so this year....actually it's next year, I think I'm going to go over the top. I have pinned so many ideas already and I'm in 2 minds to go away maybe Scotland for a weekend or Ireland or if we stay here I will definitely decorate the whole flat.

Ok the plan is this, after doing loads of research I have decided to do a photo shoot for my hubby. I've decided to do a few different looks, some maybe a bit more sexy and some will be more beauty shots but they will all have props or be styled to represent us.The only thing I might need help actually taking pictures and finding locations. most will be in my house but I think I do want to do some on location. This present might end up being an anniversary present in June. I did a quick screen shot of some of the craft ideas I could do.


Stay tunes, I might do a blog on behind the scenes of the shoot and a few sneak peaks if your lucky (only of the beauty shots)

Toodles xx













No comments:

Post a Comment