Tuesday 8 November 2016

Christmas Bauble Haul and Festive Outing

 So I had been meaning to go to this garden centre at Christmas time last year but never really got round to it. So this year I wanted to go as soon as they had there Christmas decorations out because ours got damaged in the move to the new house. I did go slightly over board with my haul of decorations. I also bought gold candles that will go on the mantle piece with some evergreen foliage with the Advent candle in the middle. So I went round the whole shop and picked these cute decorations to go on our first real tree ever. My husband had promised when we bought a place of our own we could get a real tree so that time has come- yay! Finally!

I saw the little wooden house which lights up and I stood umming and arring for some time before picking that one with the little sleigh and reindeer which bizarrely my friend, who had come to stay with me had also picked the same one.

My other decorations seem to be mostly glass, I think because I had never had any glass decorations before and I have always loved those beautiful trees on Pinterest that you see that look so elegant. They always seemed to have those glass baubles, so after hours of pinning millions of Christmas trees, I said I would get decorations like that this year.....but little did I know just how much these little beauties cost. I spent a small fortune on these decorations which I have never done before. I will pair them with sets of baubles because unlike the women that have posted the pics of those beautiful trees I really don't have the budget to decorate the whole tree in fancy baubles but I can give the illusion I have. I think my favourite is the little glass tree and and snow globe bauble.

I am going to cheat a bit and buy some gold, red and white fabric/felt and make a few more decorations to bulk out the bought decorations. I have already got some felt decorations which I made for my felt Advent calendar which I will show in another blog closer to Christmas-with the complete look. I will say that my Advent calendar it is Award winning-oh yes! I entered it into the Dorset County Show and got Second place, which I so was happy and excited about. So when I have children I can tell them its an award winning Advent calendar-lol!

On another note, I really enjoyed going round the garden centre and as I went round I took several pictures including this absolute beauty! I thought I would make it look like I was scared of the snow leopard. I bet most of you won't find this that funny but I did! Little things!

I enjoyed going round the mini Winter Wonderland and the best decoration which unfortunately wasn't for sale was the singing reindeer. I will be getting more decorations at the weekend but I won't be taking out a second mortgage this time to buy them. I will be getting some cheaper sets that I can use as fillers on the tree.

Toodles x









No comments:

Post a Comment