Tuesday 1 November 2016

Awkward School Reunion 2013 blog and update now in 2016....a few surprises...

Written in 2013

An old school friend is organising a school reunion. I am dreading going to it when it finally happens. It's going to be the standard questions of "What are you doing these days?" "Married?" "Home owner?" "Dream job?" "Children?" My response is "Oh yeah I'm married...... yeah life is good oh yeah apart from having kidney failure and waiting for a transplant but life is good....!!" I just feel like it's going to be like going back to school. Are really school reunions fun or are they just plain awkward? Is it just a big competition to see who is doing the best in their lives? I'm not even sure I want to go but then I think I have over come so much since leaving school. Dealing with various issues including losing my dad, and getting ill.....I think well maybe I'm not in a dream job or own my own house but I have amazed my self at how strong I have been through out this last year and I know that's an achievement in it's self. In fact I should be proud of my self and this is a new path I am on and I should embrace it. So with that in mind I decided once I have had my Transplant I am going to do the British Transplant Games and then I hope to go onto then the World Transplant Games.....so I am going to start training I think got to pick a sport though....!!!

Written in 2016

Well that was 3 years ago and a lot has changed since this Blog that I had never actually published! Well I am now living by the sea in Dorset in a lovely town. It just feels me with joy and I had to keep pinching my self, this is where I call home now. It was a big decision to move down here not knowing anyone but it was one of the best decisions we ever made. Not long after moving down we found our first home and we were able to buy our first home. It was a massive dream of mine to have my own house and being able to decorate it with my ideas. The biggest news is that after being on the Transplant List waiting for Kidney for just over a year I got my call. It was the biggest shock and I had been waiting all summer holidays but after a day of going back to work at College for a day I got 'The call.' I was so emotional I couldn't stop crying. So the next biggest thing that I will be able to do is start trying for a baby-well in about 18 months when my Kidney Transplant. So in the mean time, I think the plan is to go on as many holidays as possible and do all the things we couldn't really do when I was ill. Going on holiday was just a nightmare and going any where more than 4 hours away form my Transplant Hospital was out of the question so mini romantic weekend get away's were out of the question. So first on my list is Edinburgh and then I want to go to Italy-either the Lakes or Sorrento. I also some days out I'm desperate to do like go to the Warner Brothers Harry Potter Studio, when its dressed for Christmas, Oh and proper Afternoon Tea in a posh Hotel somewhere. I also definitely want to do the Christmas Market somewhere and go back to the Christmas Home Show and Winter Wonder Land in London and do the Ice skating either at the Natural History Museum or Somerset House. Oh, I also want to see the Cursed Child Theatre production-if I can ever get tickets. Well that's some of my adventures planned and my other plan is getting my qualifications to become a lecturer, so watch this space. Oh and I have signed up for the Transplant Games.

Life is very different now and I am very proud of where I am in my life today. I am proud of who I today and what I have been through and coming through it with grace and poise (most of the time-lol.)

Toodles xx

No comments:

Post a Comment