Saturday 26 November 2016

Getting to know me A to Z

 So I saw another blogger do this recently and I thought what a great idea for a blog. So here goes my one, as truthful and forthcoming as I can be without telling you my bank details. I may have two things for some letters-naughty I know but bare with me and you might learn a few extras you didn't know.

A is for Adopted

In case you didn't know I was adopted at 10 years old and it still has a profound affect on my life today even at 30 years old. Having been adopted, I would also consider adopting a child as well to give them the chance I had.

 Autumn 

I also love autumn and this time of year and how beautiful the colours of the leaves are. I love going on autumn walks and taking my camera and get the leaves changing colour.

B is for Bugs (insects)

I absolutely hate any kind of bugs apart from butterflies and dragonflies, In Cambodia (on a charity trek) I saw a tarantula in the water buck the size of a dustbin lid and locals tried to get me to eat crickets-nope I definitely wasn't down with that.

C is for Christmas 

I have a "small" obsession with Christmas and anything related to it. I love the decorations, music, advent, Christmas lights, Christmas tree, Christmas films, present giving and most importantly the food.

D is Dachshund 

I have wanted a sausage dog for many years but we've not been able to get one due to not owning our own place and work. Still my dream though, one day.

Downton Abbey


Most will know that I am obsessed with Downton Abbey and I have visited Highclere Castle. I have the box set and watch repeatedly on a regular basis.

E is for Easel

I have several easels, I have had one of them for over 16 years. I want to use my travel easel on the beach next summer and just sit and paint.

F is for Fromage

Ok, this is a bit of a cheat because I used the french word so I could still include it. I love any cheese I'm not a snob of cheese  or a "Sneese". Lol! (yes I find my own jokes funny)

G is for Good Food Channel

I watch so many cooking programs, mostly on the Good Food channel and then borrow ideas and recipes. I love to cook, especially with my husband because we work as a team.

H is for Honeymoon

We went to Barbados for our honeymoon and we swam with turtles which was amazing. We got married in June 2011 (been married nearly 6 years.) It's my favourite place I have been so far.

Harry Potter

I am obsessed with Harry Potter and I have visited the Harry Potter Studios. I  want to go back in the snow. I watch the films on a regular basis while I was on dialysis. I also want to go to the Wizarding world in Florida.

I is for Italy 

I have never been but I am desperate to go, I may be going in 2017. I can not wait to go and see the sites, eat the food, immerse my self in culture and of course getting amazing pics. I hope I can go to the lakes or Sorrento or both!!

J is for Jeggings

I have been living in these pre-transplant because they are stretchy and I can't have anything tight around my waist or it makes me feel sick. Practical but not that pretty or sexy-won't win best dressed at any award show!!

K is for Katrina

Katrina-that's me obviously. Fun fact, it's my birth name-I never changed my first name because I had started school by the time I was adopted.

Kidney Disease

I have Kidney Disease, I was diagnosed in 2012, I missed most of the Olympics because I was in hospital over the summer.  In 2014 I was in hospital over Christmas and New Years Eve and day. I had to have dialysis every other day for 4 hours a session.

L is for Lemonade

I absolutely love lemonade whether it be cloudy, pink or normal. I give it to guests when they come round and I put it in a cocktail glass- which people think is very cute.

M is for Mocha's

My hubby coined a phrase: "Mocha for Murray" (maiden name) now we say: "Mocha for Mouse" (my nickname.) I'm also partial to a white chocolate mocha from Nero-it's so nice but not on the new diet restrictions at the mo. (high sugars levels)

N is for New York

I have never been but I have became obsessed and fell in love with it when I saw it on Ugly Betty and Sex in the City. When I saw it on those shows it made me want to become a blogger and go visit. My Uncle was also recently in play on Broadway-pretty cool but I couldn't fly so no trip for me, boo!

O is Orlando

I went to Orlando when I was 17 years old as a surprise from my parents. It was a great trip and we also went to Cancun as well. I want to go back with my hubby and go to the Universal Studios and the Harry Potter World.


P is for Painting 

I love painting, I think I am better at landscapes and animals. I don't like painting people because they are harder to get right. All the art work in our house is mine-cheaper than buying right? I also love drawing and photography, all goes hand in hand really- it's safe to say I'm quite arty.

Q is for Quirky

I think most people when they meet me, think I'm quirky. I'm known for having a quirky personality and fashion sense, which may have been encouraged by my dad particularly who bought be some
interesting fashion choices.

R is for Reading

I have a subscription to an interior design magazine, Ideal Homes which I love to read with a nice cup of tea. I also love going to the Ideal Christmas Show and the Ideal Home Show.

Reading Football Club

I have been a Reading supporter for many years and I have been to loads of games. I have been to Liverpool's ground and Cardiff's Ground among others. I go to games with my hubby and I think when he found I supported the same team as him, it might have been love at first sight LOL!!

S is for Skiing

I love skiing but I haven't been for quite some time. I used to train with police ski team. I want to do the Transplant Games and the Winter Transplant Games and start skiing again.

T is for Transplant

I have just had my first kidney transplant in September 2016. I was on the list for about a year and a bit. I'm now training for the Transplant Games next year. It is life changing and I'm so grateful but there are now words that I can really describe how it feels. It is a gift I will never love any gift more than this.

U is for Ugly Betty

Ugly Betty was my favourite show and it actually made me start my own blog. I didn't even know what a blog was and now I have been doing it for 6 years...Crazy!! Happy Birthday Blog!! I was very sad when Ugly Betty finished, I think most girls can relate to that Ugly Betty stage in our early years.

V is for Vegetarian

I have decided to become Vegetarian or actually Pescatarian (I will eat fish.)  This is a life style choice because I've always hated eating meat but put it to the back of mine. When I was younger but my mum wouldn't separate meals so I ate meat. My favourite animal when I was growing up was a pig and now I know how animals are reared-has put me off for life. If you like meat don't watch a Peta video.


W is for Wicked 

I went to see this with my hubby (actually seen it 3 times with different people) I wanted to see it after seeing it in Ugly Betty. Amazing sound track and I love listening to it.

(us at Wicked 2011-2 month post wedding)

X is for XFactor

I hate watching the XFactor now, it's boring and it annoys me. Enough said!!

Y is for Youtube

I have started watching loads of Vlogger, I particularly like Sacconejoly, Pointlessblog, Zoella, Sprinkle of Glitter and a few others. It does get addictive though so going to ration how much time I spend watching them.

Z is for Zoo 

I love going to all Zoos but what I really want to do is go on a real safari one day and paint and draw all the animals. For now though Longleat is the closest I will get to a safari. I do particularly love the big cat enclosures-scary but cool!!

And that is my A to Z of facts about me, I hope you liked it.

Toodles xx



No comments:

Post a Comment