Wednesday 17 November 2010

Mini New Yorker and a long lie in reading her fabulous book on my day off....and relax..

So today is my day off...which I am very grateful for as Ugly Betty is on again later... But any way I woke up at 10.am and read my book for 2 hours in bed...I lost track of time!! Now I am up with cold feet, hence another reason to stay tucked up in bed for a bit longer....!!! I am not liking this weather its soooo bloody freezing and wearing about 20 layers is not the best fashion statement in the world. I do wonder how singers are able to stop their teeth chattering while they try to sing but instead freeze on a festival stage....even in our summers its not particularly warm. Not for me I don't think.

When I was in the police I hated the winter as I would be out in the cold, trying to retrieve stolen canoes that had been use as a toboggan when it snowed. And I would always loose a glove....and because I was so small I got given fluorescent water proof trousers.....I looked like a radio active banana I looked sooo stupid...and that was not un-noticed. There would just be a little yellow blur as I had to run some where for a job or the need to pee!!! When you try to run with a massive jacket, a tool belt, a stab vest and various other thing especially when you feet don't work because they are about to fall off from being so cold you normally end up tripping up or loosing your balance which just looks even funnier when you're a radio active banana. That uniform really did nothing for my styling.

Any way I am no longer a radio active banana- which is very good!!!So this Christmas I have asked "Santa" to bring me some ASOS vouchers so I can go mad in the sales....I haven't spent loads of money in one go in ages...I feel I need more sparkly clothes in my life....saw a lovely peacock broach- in primark perfect for more sparkle. I have fallen in love with a beautiful dress which is teal and its sequins and its so pretty from french connection but its £165 so not in this months budget or many months after that I feel....!!! I have my own sequin dress which is from ASOS I bought a few months back...I love it. I wore it out and I remember demonstrating to my friend while walking up some stairs to the bathroom of a bar that it sounded like a rattle snake when I moved and promptly started to shake my bum to demonstrate this. Unfortunately I had not been aware of the gentle men who had been behind us on the stairs who was now grinning from ear to ear...I was fare to embarrassed to turn around so I just dashed into the bathroom and burst out laughing into fits of giggles with girlfriends while we established who actually needed the loo, who was just re-doing their lip gloss and who had come for the gossip. The dress certainly made the night interesting as I had to be careful how I sat down to as the sequins all had to be facing down otherwise I would bend them. It did take several attempt to master the skill which I got it down to a T though.

Any way my friend is popping over for a pot of tea at 2 and I am still in my Pj's and not at all presentable in my current state. So must dash so TOOOOODLES xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment